I hope you are having a great start to your New Year. It’s a time of massive goal setting and action plans. Dreams of amazing health, new relationships, and prosperity are visualized and announced to the friends and family. While it’s great to have goals, all of these ideas can quickly turn into a whole lot of stress. It can be a little crash and burn, ya know?
We’ve got 5 Tips to help you blow past your goals without all the stress:
- Take it Easy. If you haven’t been working out consistently or eating well, don’t try to change everything all at once. Add a couple new habits each week and before long you will be well on your way to achieving your goals.
- Get Curious. Amazing beauty, inspiration, and opportunity is all around. Talk to people. Ask questions. Get interested in a lot of things. Drop your agenda when you have a conversation and open up to people about what they are up to. You’ll be inspired.
- Stay Present. Enjoy what you are doing moment by moment. Quiet the chatter in your mind when it starts wondering to what’s next instead of what’s in front of you right now.
- Keep it Regular. Practice paying attention when you drift off of your routine. Guide yourself back. Create structure you can thrive in.
- Change If It’s Not Fun. Committed to marathon but you don’t like running but you do love spinning? Whatever it is, if you decide you want to shift, allow yourself to shift and change. A refresh is energizing.
BONUS TIP: Take on 30 Day Challenges? Is there something you’ve always wanted to do but never taken the first step? Do a series of 30 Day Challenges throughout the year. Want to learn a new language? For 30 days spend 1 hour, 30 minutes, even 10 minutes a day learning a new language. Always wanted to write a book? Write 300 words every day for 30 days. We can do anything for 30 days and you will be surprised at where it takes you. Give it a try!
Make 2014 your best year yet!