Workouts For When You Just Don’t Have Time To Make It To The Gym
While time is usually just an excuse for not working out, sometimes you really don’t have the time to make it to the gym, work out and get back home. But when you don’t have the time to make it to the gym, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be getting at least a small workout in. You should be getting active whenever possible, and even if you don’t have too much time, we’re betting that you can take 10 minutes out of your day to work out and get your blood flowing.
Here are 5 workouts you can complete in a crunch:
- Burpees: Do a squat and then jump into a plank, then do a push up from the plank and then jump back into standing position. If you’re a beginner, you probably wont be able to do this for 10 minutes straight but do as many as you can and you’ll feel the burn the next day.
- Squats: Do squats while you’re cooking, do swats while standing in place and basically just do swats whenever you’re standing still. Squats will get you the butt you’ve always dreamed of and you don’t need any sort of equipment to do them.
- Lunges: Walking to the mailbox? Lunge there instead. While we’re not saying to start lunging down the street instead of walking, you should be lunging instead of walking whenever you’re at home. It’s an easy change to make and you’ll notice the difference in your legs and butt.
- Jumping Jacks: If you’re ever standing still, try doing jumping jacks instead. They may seem like something you did for PE in elementary school, but they are actually a great work out, especially when you’re in a hurry.
- Jump Rope: Even if you don’t have a jump rope, you can still go through the motions. Jump rope is a full body work out that will get your blood flowing and your heart beating.
When it comes down to it, you do have the time to work out, and you just need to work on encouraging yourself to exercise during your free time. While a 10 minute workout may not be the way to your dream body, it’s great for those days that you just can’t make it to the gym to engage in a full workout. If you don’t have the will power to get yourself moving, try signing up for a workout class whenever you have the time. No matter what you decide to do, it’s important to stay active, even when you think there is not enough time to make it to the gym.